|Package | PIN:||SOIC (D) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 3.5-V to 28-V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Up to 1.7-A Maximum Continuous Output Loading Current
- Pulse Skipping Mode to Achieve High Light Load Efficiency
- High Light Load Efficiency
- Frequency Spread Spectrum to Reduce EMI
- Adjustable 50-kHz to 1.1-MHz Switching Frequency Set by an External Resistor
(Leave pin ROSC floating. Set frequency to 120 kHz and ground connection to 70 kHz)
- Frequency Spread Spectrum to Ease EMI Issue
- Peak Current-Mode Control
- Cycle-by-CycleOver Current Protection
- External Soft Start
- Available in SOIC8 Package
Texas Instruments TPS5402DR
The TPS5402 is a monolithic non-synchronous buck regulator with wide operating input voltage range from 3.5 V to 28 V. Current mode control with internal slope compensation is implemented to reduce component count.
TPS5402 also features a light load pulse skipping mode, which allows for a power loss reduction from the input power supply to the system at light loading.
The switching frequency of the converters can be set from 50 kHz to 1.1 MHz with an external resistor. Frequency spread spectrum operation is introduced for EMI reduction.
A cycle-by-cycle current limit with frequency fold back protects the IC at over loading condition.