|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RHL) | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
3,000 | LARGE T&R
Custom reel may be available
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications:
- Device Temperature Grade 1:–40°C to +125°C, TA
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7 to 12 V
- Output Voltage Range: 4.5 to 12.6 V
- 10-A Switch Current
- Higher than 90% Efficiency at VIN = 5 V,
VOUT = 9 V, and IOUT = 3 A
- Mode Selection Between PFM Mode and Forced PWM Mode at Light Load
- 1-µA Current into VIN Pin during Shutdown
- Resistor-Programmable Switch Peak Current Limit
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Programmable Soft Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection at 13.2 V
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- 4.50-mm × 3.50-mm 20-Pin VQFN Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS61088-Q1 with the WEBENCH Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS61088QRHLRQ1
The TPS61088-Q1 is a 2.7-V to 12-VIN high power density,synchronous boost converter designed to provide a high-efficiency, small-size solution forautomotive applications. The TPS61088-Q1 has a minimum input voltage of 2.7 V and therefore can actas a boost for a single or two cell Li-Ion back-up battery (BUB) in applications such as E-Callthat also require a high power output to drive the speaker, antenna, and other circuits.
The device can also be used as a post-boost, boosting from the main automotive system3.3-V rail to power CAN transceivers and other circuits requiring 5 V.
The 12.6-VOUT capability allows the TPS61088-Q1 to also poweraudio amplifiers (for example, 10 V or 11 V for E-Call), antenna, power-over-coax (PoC), andautomotive audio bus (A2B) devices.
The 10-A switch current enables applications that require operation during cold crank,for example, at 3.5 VIN to 11 VOUT while stilldelivering up to 2-A load current.
The TPS61088-Q1 uses adaptive constant off-time peak-current-control topology to regulatethe output voltage. In moderate-to-heavy load condition, the TPS61088-Q1 works in the pulse widthmodulation (PWM) mode. In light load condition, the device has two operation modes selected by theMODE pin. One is the pulse frequency modulation (PFM) mode to improve the efficiency and anotherone is the forced PWM mode to avoid application problems caused by low switching frequency. Theswitching frequency in the PWM mode is adjustable ranging from 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz by an externalresistor. The TPS61088-Q1 also implements a programmable soft-start function and an adjustableswitching peak-current-limit function. In addition, the device provides 13.2-V output overvoltageprotection, cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown protection.
The TPS61088-Q1 is available in a 4.50-mm × 3.50-mm 20-pin VQFN package.