AWR1642 single-chip 76-GHz to 81-GHz automotive radar sensor evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- AWR1642 Evaluation Module Single-Chip mmWave Sensing Solution User's Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 1919 KB)
23 Feb 2018
Step 1: Buy this EVM (AWR1642BOOST)
Step 2: Download mmWave SDK
Step 3: Take the mmWave sensor device trainings
Step 4: Evaluate performance for short-range radar, vital-sign monitoring and vehicle-occupant detection applications
AWR1642BOOST is an easy-to-use evaluation board for the AWR1642 automotive radar sensor, with direct connectivity to the microcontroller unit (MCU) LaunchPad™ development kit. The BoosterPack™ plug-in module contains everything required to start developing software for on-chip C67x DSP core and low-power Arm® Cortex® R4F controllers, including onboard emulation for programming and debugging, as well as onboard buttons and LEDs for quick integration of a simple-user interface.
A 5-V, >2.5-A supply brick with a 2.1-mm barrel jack (center positive) is not included. TI recommends purchasing an external power supply that complies with applicable regional safety standards.
- Onboard antenna enables field testing
- XDS110-based JTAG with serial-port interface for flash programming
- UART-to-USB interface for control, configuration, and data visualization
- TI LaunchPad™ development-kit interface to seamlessly connect to TI MCUs
- CAN connector enables direct interface to car units
- Micro USB cable (#3025010-03)
- Mounting brackets with Bumpon™ (#36-625-ND, SJ-5012)
- M3-size screws (#9027A146)
- M3-size nuts (#90631A007 )
- Jumpers (#3M9580-ND)