|Package | PIN:||SOT-23 (DBZ) | 3|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Input Voltage Range: up to 30 V
- 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and 15-V Versions Available
- Packaged in the Tiny 3-Lead SOT-23 Package
- 30-V Maximum Input for Operation
- 1.2-V Ensured Maximum Dropout Over Full Load
and Temperature Ranges
- 100-mA Ensured Minimum Load Current
- ±5% Ensured Output Voltage Tolerance Over Full
Load and Temperature Ranges
- −40 to +125°C Junction Temperature Range for
Texas Instruments LM3480IM3-5.0/NOPB
The LM3480 is an integrated linear voltage regulator. It features operation from an input as high as 30 V and an ensured maximum dropout of 1.2 V at the full 100-mA load. Standard packaging for the LM3480 is the 3-lead SOT-23 package.
The 5-V, 12-V, and 15-V members of the LM3480 series are intended as tiny alternatives to industry standard LM78Lxx series and similar devices. The 1.2-V quasi-low dropout of LM3480 series devices makes them a nice fit in many applications where the 2-V to 2.5-V dropout of LM78Lxx series devices precludes their (LM78Lxx series devices) use.
The LM3480 series also features a 3.3-V member. The SOT-23 packaging and quasi-low dropout features of the LM3480 series converge in this device to provide a very nice, very tiny, 3.3-V, 100-mA bias supply that regulates directly off the system 5-V ±5% power supply.