|Package | PIN:||VSON (DRC) | 10|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C5
- Two separate current limiting channels
- Meets USB Current-Limiting Requirements
- Adjustable Current Limit, 250 mA–2.8 A (Typ.)
- Accurate 2.1A Min / 2.5A Max Setting
- Fast Short Circuit Response − 3.5-μs (typ)
- Two 44−mΩ High-Side MOSFETs
- Operating Range: 2.5 V to 6.5 V
- 2−μA Maximum Standby Supply Current
- Built-in Soft-Start
- 15 kV / 8 kV System-Level ESD Capable
Texas Instruments TPS2561AQDRCTQ1
The TPS2561A-Q1 is dual-channel power-distribution switch intended for automotive applications where precision current limiting is required or heavy capacitive loads and short circuits are encountered. These devices offer a programmable current-limit threshold between 250 mA and 2.8 A (typ) per channel via an external resistor. The power-switch rise and fall times are controlled to minimize current surges during turn on/off.
Each channel of the TPS2561A-Q1 devices limits the output current to a safe level by switching into a constant-current mode when the output load exceeds the current-limit threshold. The FAULTx logic output for each channel independently asserts low during overcurrent and over temperature conditions.
Use with the TPS2511-Q or TPS2513A-Q1 for a low loss, automotive qualified, USB Charging Port Solution capable of charging all of today's popular phones and tablets.