|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RTE) | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Two 12-mΩ (typical) MOSFETs for high efficiency at 6-A loads
- 300-kHz to 2-MHz switching frequency
- 0.8-V ±1% Voltage reference over temperature (–40°C to +150°C)
- Synchronizes to external clock
- Adjustable slow start and sequencing
- UV and OV power-good output
- –40°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
- Thermally enhanced 3-mm × 3-mm, 16-pin WQFN package
- Pin-Compatible to TPS54418
- Create a custom design using the TPS54618 with the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54618RTET
The TPS54618 device is a full-featured 6-V, 6-A, synchronousstep-down current-mode converter with two integrated MOSFETs.
The TPS54618 enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs,implementing current-mode control to reduce external component count, reducing inductor size byenabling up to 2-MHz switching frequency, and minimizing the IC footprint with a small, 3-mm ×3-mm, thermally-enhanced WQFN package.
The TPS54618 provides accurate regulation for a variety of loads withan accurate ±1% voltage reference (VREF) over temperature.
Efficiency is maximized through the integrated
12-mΩ MOSFETs and 515-µA typical supply current. Using the enable pin, shutdown supplycurrent is reduced to 5.5-µA by entering a shutdown mode.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 2.6 V, but can be increased by programming thethreshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output-voltage start-up ramp is controlledby the slow-start pin. An open-drain power-good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107%of its nominal voltage.
Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protect the device during an overcurrentcondition.
For more SWIFT™ documentation, see the TI website atwww.ti.com/swift.