|Package | PIN:||USIP (SIP) | 9|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 360-nA Typical Quiescent Current
- Up to 90% Efficiency at 10-µA Output Current
- Pin-Selectable Output Voltages in 100-mV Steps
- Integrated Slew Rate Controlled Load Switch
- Up to 200-mA Output Current
- Input Voltage Range VIN from 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- RF Friendly DCS-Control™
- Low Output Voltage Ripple
- Automatic Transition to No Ripple 100% Mode
- Discharge Function on VOUT and LOAD
- Sub 1.1-mm Profile Solution
- Total Solution Size < 6.7mm2
- Small 2.3 mm × 2.9 mm MicroSIP™ Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS82740BSIPT
The TPS82740 is the industrys first step-down converter module featuring typically360-nA quiescent current consumption. It is a complete MicroSIPTM DC/DCstep-down power solution intended for ultra low-power applications. The module includes theswitching regulator, inductor and input/output capacitors. The integration of all required passivecomponents enables a tiny solution size of only 6.7 mm2.
This new DCS-Control™ based device extends the lightload efficiency range below 10-µA load currents. It supports output currents up to 200 mA.
The device operates from rechargeable Li-Ion batteries, Li-primary battery chemistriessuch as Li-SOCl2, Li-MnO2 and two or three cell alkaline batteries. The input voltage range up to5.5 V also allows operation from an USB port and thin-film solar modules.
The output voltage is user selectable by three voltage select pins (VSEL), within a rangefrom 1.8 V to 2.5 V (TPS82740A) and 2.6 V to 3.3 V (TPS82740B) in 100-mV steps. The TPS82740features low output voltage ripple and low noise. Once the battery voltage comes close to theoutput voltage (close to 100% duty cycle), the device enters no ripple 100% mode operationpreventing an increase of output voltage ripple. In this case the device stops switching and theoutput is connected to the input voltage.
The integrated slew rate controlled load switch with a typical ON-resistance of 0.6Ωdistributes the selected output voltage to a temporarily used sub-system.
The TPS82740 is available in a small 9-bump 6.7 mm2MicroSiP™ package.