Hercules RM46x LaunchPad Development Kit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Hercules RM46x Launchpad Development Kit Quick Start Guide
(PDF 4309 KB)
17 Nov 2014
- RM46L852 16- and 32-Bit RISC Flash Microcontroller datasheet (Rev. C)
(PDF 8962 KB)
30 Jun 2015
The Hercules™ RM46x LaunchPad™ Development Kit is an inexpensive evaluation platform designed to help you get started quickly in evaluating and developing with the Hercules microcontroller platform. The LaunchPad Development Kit is based on the IEC 61508 SIL 3 certified RM46L852, which is a lockstep ARM® Cortex®-R4F based MCU with integrated safety features and peripherals such as two 12-bit ADCs, programmable High-End timers, motor control peripherals (eQEP, eCAP, ePWM), USB, Ethernet, MibSPI and serial communication interfaces. Hercules RM MCUs can help reduce the development effort of IEC 61508 functional safety applications.
The LaunchPad features on-board emulation for programming and debugging, push buttons, LEDs and ambient light sensor & two standard 40 pin BoosterPack expansion connectors (only one header is populated) to support a wide range of plug-in BoosterPack modules for added functionality such as displays, wireless sensors & more.
This LaunchPad comes pre-programmed with a demo code enabling users to easily learn about the key safety, data acquisition and control features of the Hercules MCU platform. Find more information about this demo on the wiki: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/LAUNCHXL2_RM46:_Project_1.
Find additional information on LaunchPad Development Kits, supported BoosterPacks and available resources at ti.com/launchpad. Visit the LAUNCHXL2-RM46 Wiki for software downloads and other resources. Explore different applications on your LaunchPad Development Kit with BoosterPack plug-in modules. Demo software for Ethernet connectivity using lwIP can also be found on the Wiki.
- USB powered and capability for external 5v supply
- On board USB XDS110 debug
- On board SCI to PC serial communication
- User programmable push buttons
- Reset switches
- LEDs and Ambient light sensor
- Two 40 pin BoosterPack XL Headers (only one populated)
- Footprint for expansion headers (not populated) to bring out all MCU Pins
- External high-speed emulation via 14-pin TI-JTAG header (not populated)