IWR1642 single-chip 76-GHz to 81-GHz mmWave sensor integrating DSP and MCU evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- IWR1642 EVM (IWR1642BOOST) Single-Chip mmWave Sensing Solution User's Guide (Rev. C)
(PDF 3326 KB)
19 May 2020
IWR1642BOOST is an easy-to-use 77GHz mmWave sensor evaluation board for the IWR1642 device , with direct connectivity to the microcontroller (MCU) LaunchPad™ Development Kit.
The BoosterPack™ contains everything required to start developing software for on-chip C67x DSP core and low-power ARM® R4F controllers, including onboard emulation for programming and debugging, as well as onboard buttons and LEDs for quick integration of a simple user interface.
This kit is supported by mmWave tools and software, including mmWave Studio (MMWAVE-STUDIO) and the mmWave software development kit (MMWAVE-SDK).
The standard 20-pin BoosterPack headers make the evaluation board compatible with a wide variety of MCU LaunchPad development kits and enable easy prototyping.
Additional boards may be used to enable additional functionality. For example, DCA1000EVM enables access to sensor’s raw data via LVDS interface.
A 5-V, >2.5-A supply brick with a 2.1-mm barrel jack (center positive) is not included. TI recommends purchasing an external power supply that complies with applicable regional safety standards.
Step 1: Buy this EVM (IWR1642BOOST)
Step 2: Get started with OOB application by connecting the EVM to mmWave Visualizer
Step 3: Download the MMWAVE-INDUSTRIAL-TOOLBOX-CLOUD and further evaluate additional mmWave examples and applications
Step 4: Download the MMWAVE-SDK and start developing your application code
- Onboard antenna to enable field testing
- XDS110-based JTAG with serial port interface for flash programming
- UART-to-USB interface for control, configuration, and data visualization
- TI LaunchPad interface to seamlessly connect to TI MCUs
- CAN connector enables direct interface to car units
- Micro USB cable (#3025010-03)
- Mounting brackets with Bumpon™ (#36-625-ND, SJ-5012)
- M3-size screws (#9027A146)
- M3-size nuts (#90631A007 )
- Jumpers (#3M9580-ND)