The IWR6843L evaluation module (EVM) is an easy-to-use 60-GHz mmWave sensor evaluation platform for the IWR6843 with an FR4-based antenna. IWR6843LEVM may be used to evaluate both the IWR6843 and IWR6443. This EVM enables access to point-cloud data and power-over-USB interfaces.
IWR6843LEVM supports direct connectivity to the MMWAVEICBOOST and DCA1000EVM development kits. IWR6843LEVM contains everything required to start developing software for on-chip C67x digital signal processor (DSP) cores, hardware accelerators (HWAs) and low-power ARM® Cortex®-R4F controllers.
IWR6832LEVM is supported by mmWave tools and software, namely mmWave studio (MMWAVE-STUDIO) and the mmWave software development kit (MMWAVE-SDK).
Additional boards may be used to enable additional functionality. For example, DCA1000EVM enables access to the sensor's raw data via a low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) interface. MMWAVEICBOOST enables software development and trace capabilities via Code Composer Studio™ (CCSTUDIO). IWR6843LEVM paired with MMWAVEICBOOST can interface with the MCU LaunchPad™ development kit ecosystem.
- 60-GHz to 64-GHz mmWave sensor
- FR4-based PCB substrate
- Four receive (4RX) three transmit (3TX) antenna with 120° azimuth field of view (FoV) and 80° elevation FoV
- Discrete DC/DC power-management solution; onboard capability for power-consumption monitoring
- Cost-optimized PCB rules: lower manufacturing cost, no micro vias, only through vias, no vias on ball grid array (BGA) pads
- Supports 60-pin high-speed interface for host-controlling interface, direct interface with MMWAVEICBOOST and DCA1000EVM