GaN FET modules
Integrating GaN FETs and drivers into one, easy to use package.
GaN FET drivers
Award-winning high-speed gate drivers enabling high power density and design simplicity, available in single and dual channel low-side as well as high-side/low-side configurations.
GaN FET controllers
Analog and digital controllers easily pair with GaN products to enable a variety of high frequency applications.
- Low input and output capacitance reduces switching losses in hard-switched converters and allows higher switching frequency in hard-switched and soft-switched converters.
- Near-zero reverse recovery charge losses in hard-switched, half-bridge converters enables new topologies such as totem-pole PFC.
- Greatly reduced switching loss reduces transition period and allows faster switching speeds while reducing or eliminating heat sink.
Download the GaN vs Si white paper(PDF, 946KB)
Why integrated GaN FET modules with TI?
- Ease of use, single QFN packaging replaces three CSPs.
- Optimized layout minimizes inductance creating the lowest switching loss possible with clean waveforms. The increased lead spacing meets creepage requirements and eliminates the need for underfill.
- Increase power density, maximized dV/dt immunity, and drive strength optimized to enhance efficiency and reduce noise.
Download the Integration white paper(PDF, 1MB)
Ease of use: Get started faster
The GaN solutions portfolio provides a wealth of hardware resources and written training to make it easy for customers to evaluate and use GaN.
- Convenient hardware development boards, such as the LMG3410-HB-EVM and LMG34xx-BB-EVM, provide a quick start toolset for TI high voltage GaN
- Flexible, easy-to-use LMG5200EVM for evaluating the performance in many different DC-DC converter topologies
- In-depth application notes and models
- Expert knowledge in the Power house blogs and GaN E2E forum
Texas Instruments is an industry leader in semiconductor technology, with longtime experience in bringing reliable semiconductor products to market, including non-silicon technologies like ferroelectric random access memory (FRAM). We are well-suited to bring reliable GaN products to market through GaN-relevant qualification methodology and application-relevant testing.
Download the reliability white paper(PDF, 892KB)
TI continues to reduce barriers to adoption by developing the GaN ecosystem to enable new and unique topologies:
- The LMG3410 is a 600-V driver integrated GaN FET power stage
- The TPS53632G is an analog controller optimized for GaN in a 48:POL application
- The UCD3138a enables 99% efficient PFC Totem topology with TI GaN
- The LM5113 driver for discrete GaN FET solutions
GaN design support
Ask questions, share knowledge, solve problems with fellow engineers.