Capacitive touch self capacitance button, slider, wheel, and proximity sensor demonstration board
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The CapTIvate™ button, slider, wheel, and proximity demonstration board (CAPTIVATE-BSWP) is a simple evaluation platform for self-capacitance capacitive touch sensors in a variety of configurations. The sensor panel demonstrates low power design principles for a battery powered applications and showcases MSP430™ CapTIvate MCU's wake-on-proximity state machine feature. The panel board also demonstrates the high slider and wheel sensor resolution achievable with self capacitance sensors.
- Interfaces to MSP430 CapTIvate ecosystem MCU boards, such as the CAPTIVATE-FR2633
- 16 capacitive touch elements, including 8 buttons, one 3-element wheel, one 4-element slider, and one proximity sensor
- Wake-on-proximity operation with 5µA average current
- CAPTIVATE-BSWP sensor board
- CAPTIVATE-PGMR not included; CAPTIVATE-PGMR is required for tuning and programming
- CapTIvate MCU Board (i.e. CAPTIVATE-FR2633 or CAPTIVATE-FR2676) not included