Capacitive touch MSP430FR2676 MCU board
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Capacitive touch MSP430FR2676 MCU board (CAPTIVATE-FR2676) getting started guide
(PDF 1001 KB)
06 Mar 2019
The MSP430FR2676 CapTIvate™ touch MCU board (CAPTIVATE-FR2676) is a simple evaluation board for evaluating capacitive touch and proximity sensors through the use of plug-in sensor boards (sold separately).
The MCU board has a 20-pin female debug connector to debug the on-board MSP430FR2676 CapTIvate touch MCU and a connector for the 48-pin sensor panel that connects (or to connect) to external capacitive touch sensors. The MCU board also includes a header for a partially filled-out BoosterPack™ plug-in module to enable limited ecosystem support for the LaunchPad™ development kit and BoosterPack plug-in module.
The EVM currently supports these kits found in the in the "Access Control Panel with Bluetooth® Low Energy and Capacitive Touch Reference Design" (design number: TIDM-1004): MSP-EXP432P401R development kit, BOOSTXL-CC2650MA plug-in module, and BOOSTXL-K350QVG-S1 BoosterPack plug-in module. The EVM also currently supports these kits found in the "SimpleLink™ MSP432™ MCU With MSP430™ Capacitive Touch MCU, Haptics, and LCD Reference Design" (design number: TIDM-CAPTIVATE-MSP432): MSP-EXP432P401R development kit and BOOSTXL-K350QVG-S1 plug-in module.
- Interfaces to CapTIvate ecosystem sensor panel boards such as the CAPTIVATE-BSWP
- 16 capacitive touch enabled IOs available on the sensor panel connector
- Limited BoosterPack module support
- External power header that can be used to provide external power to the PCB
- 3 on-board LEDS and 1 on-board push button
- CAPTIVATE-FR2676 MCU board
- CAPTIVATE-PGMR not included; CAPTIVATE-PGMR is required for tuning and programming
- CapTIvate sensor boards not included; bundle a TI-provided sensor board below or use your own sensor board for evaluation.