|Package | Pins SOIC (D) | 8|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 105|
|Package qty | Carrier 2,500 | LARGE T&R|
Features for the UCC27424
- Industry-Standard Pin-Out
- Enable Functions for Each Driver
- High Current Drive Capability of ±4 A
- Unique BiPolar and CMOS True Drive Output
Stage Provides High Current at MOSFET Miller
- TTL/CMOS Compatible Inputs Independent of
- 20-ns Typical Rise and 15-ns Typical Fall Times
with 1.8-nF Load
- Typical Propagation Delay Times of 25 ns with
Input Falling and 35 ns with Input Rising
- 4-V to 15-V Supply Voltage
- Dual Outputs Can Be Paralleled for Higher Drive
- Available in Thermally Enhanced MSOP
- Rated From –40°C to 125°C
Description for the UCC27424
The UCC2742x family of high-speed dual MOSFET drivers can deliver large peak currents into capacitive loads. Three standard logic options are offered – dual-inverting, dual-noninverting, and one-inverting and one-noninverting driver. The thermally enhanced 8-pin PowerPAD™ MSOP package (DGN) drastically lowers the thermal resistance to improve long-term reliability. It is also offered in the standard SOIC-8 (D) or PDIP-8 (P) packages.
Using a design that inherently minimizes shoot-through current, these drivers deliver 4A of current where it is needed most at the Miller plateau region during the MOSFET switching transition. A unique BiPolar and MOSFET hybrid output stage in parallel also allows efficient current sourcing and sinking at low supply voltages.
The UCC2742x provides enable (ENB) functions to have better control of the operation of the driver applications. ENBA and ENBB are implemented on pins 1 and 8 which were previously left unused in the industry standard pin-out. They are internally pulled up to VDD for active high logic and can be left open for standard operation.