- Integrated Single Channel Load Switch
- Ambient Operating Temperature:
–40°C to +105°C
- SOT23-6 (DBV): 2-A Maximum Continuous Current1
- WSON (DRV): 3-A MaximumContinuous Current 1
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7 V to 18 V
- Absolute Maximum Input Voltage: 20 V
- On-Resistance (RON)
- RON = 79 mΩ (typical) at VIN = 12V
- Quiescent Current
- 62 µA (typical) at VIN = 12 V
- Shutdown Current
- 500 nA (typical) at VIN = 12 V
- Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage Lock-Out (UVLO)
- Adjustable Quick Output Discharge (QOD)
- Configurable Rise Time With CT Pin
- SOT23-6 Package
- 2.9-mm × 2.8-mm, 0.95-mm Pitch
1.45-mm Height (DBV)
- WSON Package
- 2-mm × 2-mm, 0.65-mm Pitch
0.75-mm Height (DRV)
- ESD Performance Tested per JESD 22 (1)
(1)Thermal performance must be considered
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The TPS22810 is a single channel load switch with configurable rise time and with anintegrated quick output discharge (QOD). In addition, the device features thermal shutdown toprotect the device against high junction temperature. Because of this, safe operating area of thedevice is inherently ensured. The device contains an N-channel MOSFET that can operate over aninput voltage range of 2.7 V to 18 V. SOT23-5 (DBV) package can support a maximum current of 2 A.WSON (DRV) package can support a maximum current of 3 A. The switch is controlled by an on and offinput, which is capable of interfacing directly with low-voltage control signals.
The configurable rise time of the device greatly reduces inrush current caused by largebulk load capacitances, thereby reducing or eliminating power supply droop. Undervoltage lock-outis used to turn off the device if the VIN voltage drops below a threshold value, ensuring that thedownstream circuitry is not damaged by being supplied by a voltage lower than intended. Theconfigurable QOD pin controls the fall time of the device to allow design flexibility for powerdown.
The TPS22810 is available in a leaded, SOT-23 package (DBV) which allows to visuallyinspect solder joints, as well as a WSON package (DRV). The device is characterized for operationover the free-air temperature range of –40˚C to +105˚C.