|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 8-V to 30-V Input Voltage
- Up to 120-V Output Voltage
- 100-KHz to 800-kHz Programmable Switching Frequency
- Adaptive Boost Output for LED Voltages
- Six Current Sinks, 200-mA Continuous Output, 400-mA Pulse Output for Each String
- ±1.5% Current Matching Between Strings
- High Precision PWM Dimming Resolution up to 5000:1
- Programmable OVP Threshold
- Programmable Input UVLO Threshold
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Built-in LED Open and Short Protection
- Built-in Schottky Diode Open and Short Protection
- Built-in ISET Short Protection
- Built-in IFB Short Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS61196PWPRQ1
The TPS61196-Q1 provides a highly integrated solution for automotiveLCD backlighting with an independent PWM dimming function for each string. This device is a currentmode boost controller driving up to six WLED strings with multiple LEDs in series. Each string hasan independent current regulator providing a LED current adjustable from 50 mA to 400 mA within±1.5% matching accuracy. The minimal voltage at the current sink is programmable in the range of0.3 V to 1 V to fit with different LED current settings. The input voltage range for the device isfrom 8 V to 30 V.
The TPS61196-Q1 adjusts the boost controllers output voltageautomatically to provide only the voltage required by the LED string with the largest forwardvoltage drop plus the minimum required voltage at that strings IFB pin, thereby optimizing driverefficiency. Its switching frequency is programmed by an external resistor from 100 kHz to 800 kHz.
The TPS61196-Q1 supports direct PWM brightness dimming. Each string has anindependent PWM control input. During the PWM dimming, the LED current is turned on or turned offat the frequency and duty cycle which are determined by the external PWM signal. The PWM frequencyranges from 90 Hz to 22 kHz.
The TPS61196-Q1 integrates overcurrent protection, output short-circuit protection, ISETshort-to-ground protection, diode open and short protection, LED open and short protection, andovertemperature shutdown circuit. In addition, the TPS61196-Q1 can detect the IFB pin short toground to protect the LED string. The device also provides programmable input undervoltage lockoutthreshold and output overvoltage protection threshold.