mmWave studio (MMWAVE-STUDIO) is a collection of tools that enhance the evaluation of TI mmWave sensors. These easy-to-use tools provide the capability to evaluate and prototype chirp designs and experiment with the out-of-the-box demo. The tools are hosted directly on TI.com and enable interaction with mmWave sensor evaluation modules (EVMs). The tools also can be saved for offline use.
MMWAVE-STUDIO is a stand-alone Windows® GUI that provides the ability to configure and control mmWave sensor modules and collect analog-to-digital (ADC) data for offline analysis. ADC data capture is intended to enable evaluation and characterization of radio-frequency (RF) performance, and PC development of signal-processing algorithms.
MMWAVE-STUDIO provides basic post-processing and visualization of ADC data, as well as post-processing examples based on MATLAB®, which can be used as getting-started reference.
MMWAVE-STUDIO connects directly to TI sensor modules and requires:
- DCA1000EVM connected to BOOST and ISK sensor modules for streaming of ADC data to PC for capture
- MMWCAS-DSP-EVM connected to MMWCAS-RF-EVM (cascade imaging) sensor module is required for streaming of ADC data to PC for capture
MMWAVE-STUDIO also includes a standalone utility for the DCA1000EVM that can be used independently from the MMWAVE-STUDIO GUI and used to capture application-specific data. This capability is demonstrated by MMWAVE-SDK.
The mmWave sensing estimator is a GUI-based tool that provides the ability to perform system-level performance chirp design parameter trade-offs.
- Enables calculation of chirp parameters directly from scene information, such as max range, max velocity, range resolution, and more
- Provides real-time feedback on out-of-bounds parameters
- Enables saving and restoring of previously created chirps
MMWAVE-SENSING-ESTIMATOR-CLOUD is a stand-alone offline analysis tool and does not require any hardware. Stored RF configurations can be exported and are compatible with MMWAVE-STUDIO and mmWave demo visualizer (MMWAVE-DEMO-VISUALIZER-CLOUD).
The mmWave demo visualizer cloud development is a GUI-based tool that connects to the out-of-box demonstration application that comes flashed on the mmWave sensor modules.
- Enables real-time plotting of point cloud from output of mmWave software development kit (SDK) out-of-the-box demo
- Fully configurable directly through GUI interface
- Profiles tuned to common end-user scenarios, such as range, range resolution, velocity, and velocity resolution
The intent of MMWAVE-DEMO-VISUALIZER-CLOUD is to allow easy and quick exploration of basic mmWave capabilities and operation.