mmWave Studio is a collection of tools that enhance the evaluation of TI mmWave sensors. These easy-to-use tools provide capability to evaluate and prototype chirp designs and experiment with the out-of-the-box demo. The tools are hosted directly on TI.com and enable interaction with the mmWave sensor evaluation modules. The tools can also be saved for offline use.
mmWave Studio is a stand-alone Windows GUI that provides the ability to configure and control the TI mmWave sensor modules and collect of ADC data for offline analysis. The ADC data capture is intended to enable evaluation and characterization of RF performance, and PC development of signal processing algorithms.
mmWave Studio provides basic post-processing and visualization of ADC data, as well as post-processing examples based on MATLAB which can be used as getting started reference.
mmWave Studio connects directly to TI sensor modules and requires:
- DCA1000EVM connected to BOOST and ISK sensor modules for streaming of ADC data to PC for capture
- MMWAVE-DSP-EVM connected to MMWAVE-RF-EVM (cascade) sensor module is required for streaming of ADC data to PC for capture
mmWave Studio also includes a standalone utility for the DCA1000EVM that can be used independently from Studio GUI and used to capture application-specific data. This capability is demonstrated by the MMWAVE-SDK.
Sensing estimator is a GUI-based tool that provides the ability perform system-level performance chirp design parameter trade-offs.
- Enables calculation of chirp parameters directly from scene information, such as max range, max velocity, range resolution, and more
- Provides real-time feedback on out-of-bounds parameters
- Enables saving and restoring of previously created chirps
The sensing estimator is a stand-alone off-line analysis tool and does not require any hardware. Stored RF configurations can be exported and are compatible with mmWave Studio and mmWave Visualizer.
mmWave Visualizer is a GUI-based tool that connects to the mmWave out-of-box demonstration application that comes flashed on the mmWave sensor modules.
- Enables real-time plotting of point cloud from output of mmWave software development kit (SDK) out-of-the-box demo
- Fully configurable directly through GUI interface
- Profiles tuned to common end-user scenarios, such as range, range resolution, velocity, and velocity resolution
The intent of mmWave Visualizer is to allow easy and quick exploration of basic mmWave capabilities and operation.