|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RJV) | 46|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Operating Voltage Range:
- VCC Range: 2.7 Vto 5.5 V
- EN, SDA, and SCL Pins Compatible With 1.8-V,3.3-V, and 5-V Power Rails
- Output Maximum Voltage: 6V
- 36 Constant-Current Sinks With High Precision
- 25.5 mA Maximum per Channel WhenVCC in Full Range
- 35 mA Maximum perChannel When VCC ≥ 3.3 V
- Device-to-Device Error ±5%; Channel-to-Channel Error±5%
- Ultralow Quiescent Current:
- Shutdown Mode: 1 µA (Maximum) When ENLow
- Power Saving Mode: 12 µA (Maximum) When EN High and AllLEDs Off for > 30 ms
- Integrated 12-Bit, 29-kHz PWM Generator for Each Channel:
- Independent Color-Mixing Register PerChannel
- Independent Brightness-Control Register Per RGBLED Module
- Optional Logarithmic- or Linear-ScaleBrightness Control
- Integrated 3-Phase-Shifting PWMScheme
- 3 Programmable Banks (R, G, B) for Easy Software Control of Each Color
- 2 External Hardware Address Pins Allow Connecting up to 4 Devices
- Broadcast Slave Address Allows Configuring Multiple Devices Simultaneously
- Auto-Increment Allows Writing or Reading Consecutive Registers Within One Transmission
- Up to 400-kHz Fast-Mode I2C Speed
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP5036RJVR
Efficient and high-performance LED response effects, such as blinking, breathing, andchasing, are critical to improving end-user experience in many human machine interface (HMI)applications.
The LP503x device is a 30- or 36-channel constant-current-sink LED driver. The LP503x hasa 29 kHz, 12-Bit PWM generator for each channel, as well as channel/module independent color mixingand intensity control, formerly called brightness controlregisters to enable vivid LED effects with zero audible noise. Users can benefit from the device’sultra-low shutdown Iq Power Saving Mode, while designers will appreciate the incrediblystraightforward software coding of the LP503x’s three programmable R G B banks.
The LP503x device controls each LED output with a 12-bit PWM resolution at 29-kHzswitching frequency. This control helps get an intensity thatdecreases smoothly and stops audible noise. Having different color-mixing and intensity-controlregisters makes writing the software code straightforward. When targeting fade-in, fade-out typebreathing effects, the global R, G, B bank control reduces the microcontroller loadingsignificantly. The LP503x device also implements a PWM phase-shifting function to help reduce theinput power budget when LEDs turn on simultaneously.
The LP503x device has an automatic power-saving mode to get the ultra-low quiescentcurrent. When channels are all off for 30 ms, the device total power consumption is down to 10 µA,making the LP503x device a possible alternative for battery-powered end equipment.