TAS5756M 30-W Digital I2S Input, Closed-Loop Audio Class-D Amplifier Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- TAS5756M Digital Input, Closed-Loop Class-D Amplifier With
Processing datasheet (Rev. B)
(PDF 3691 KB)
06 Aug 2015
The TAS5756MDCAEVM allows evaluation of the TAS5756M digital I2S input, closed-loop amplifier with onboard audio processor that incorporates TI’s unique HybridFlow architecture. It is populated with two TAS5756MDCA devices, one configured for two channel (stereo) operation and one configured for mono operation. It operates from single 4.5V to 26.4V power supply is capable of outputting >30W power in BTL mode and > 60W power in PBTL mode. When combined with a PurePath™ Console Mother Board (PurePath-CMBEVM – must be ordered separately) and PurePath™ Console GUI (PurePathConsole – must be ordered separately) you have a complete audio evaluation system at your fingertips that allows audio inputs from a variety of sources to the TAS5756MDCAEVM, and a GUI to control the device and supporting circuitry. The main difference between TAS5754MDCAEVM and TAS5756MDCAEVM is that TAS5754M device supports 1SPW (ternary) modulation while TAS5756M device supports BD modulation.
- BD Modulation for best distortion performance
- High Performance Closed-Loop Architecture (PVDD = 12V, RSPK = 8 Ω, SPK_GAIN = 20dBV)
- Idle Channel Noise = 56 µVrms (A-Wtd)
- THD+N = 0.006 % (at 1 W, 1 kHz)
- SNR = 104 A-Wtd (Ref. to THD+N = 1%)
- Pre-defined PurePath™ HybridFlows designed for popular audio applications
- EVM is configured as a 2.1 solution using one TAS5756M for left/right, and the second configured in PBTL for sub-woofer drive
- GUI control via PurePath Console (PurePathConsole)
- PurePath Console Mother Board (PurePath-CMBEVM) provides flexible input signal routing (USB, SPDIF, and analog)