184.108.40.206.12.1.2 Offset Error Correction
Offset Error Correction: –24.2 mV to +24.2 mV in 255 steps (8 bits) in the CELL*_OFF registers (one per channel) Procedure: (Use recorded, VIN1, and VOUT1 from the Gain Error Correction procedure.)
- Find the offset value based on the VIN1 value, Offset=(VIN1-VOUT1)/(190.7348uV)
- Convert to a two’s complement hex
- Make sure that if the offset is greater than “127”, the hex value will be “7F”
- Make sure that if the offset is less than “-128”, the hex value will be “80”
- Write the 8-bit value to the CELL*_OFF register
- Repeat steps 1-5 on each cell voltage
- Save the new values to OTP by following the NVM programming procedure.
- The OTP CRC must be re-calculation and saved due to this (or any) change.