AC inverter & VF drives
Design more efficient and reliable AC inverters & VF drives with our analog and embedded processing products
Search all applications
No search results found. Try again or browse all application markets & sectors.
Why choose TI for your AC inverter & VF drives systems?
Enable accurate and reliable control
Our precise analog products and real-time microcontrollers allow for sensorless torque and speed control combined with advanced signal processing for accurate, real-time motor control.
Maximize energy efficiency
Our power and real-time control products can help increase power density allowing for a smaller form factor, while achieving efficiency class IES2 with a smaller global energy footprint.
Achieve high reliability and functional safety
Our technology for basic isolation and reinforced isolation, including drive-based safety functions, reduce the risk of unexpected and hazardous movement.
Engineering smarter, more energy efficient AC inverter & VF drives
Design efficient and reliable real-time control systems
Our single and multi-core microcontrollers (MCUs) with integrated real-time motor control peripherals, math accelerators, programmable real-time processors, and configurable logic blocks enable:
- Hot-side and cold-side controlled architectures with low latency and high bandwidth chip-to-chip interface.
- Accurate and robust sensorless torque and speed control.
- Parallel execution of control, communication and predictive maintenance algorithms.
- Less than 1us compute time for FOC and direct torque control to achieve highest energy efficiency class IES2 per IEC 61800-9.
- Single-chip MCU with integrated industrial communication and real-time control peripherals remove the need for external FPGA.
Real-Time Benchmarks Showcasing C2000™ Control MCU's Optimized Signal Chain (Rev. A)
AM243x/AM64x Single Chip Motor Control Benchmark
C2000™ MCUs - Motor control training series
Featured products for real-time control
Create reliable and accurate torque 3-phase power stages with high efficiency
Explore our broad portfolio of isolated and non-isolated IGBT and SiC-FET gate drivers and high-efficiency power management products, enabling hot- and cold-side controlled 3-phase power stages with highest efficiency up to IES2 per IEC61800-9 standard.
Our accurate isolated current and voltage sensing products help you achieve sensorless control including advanced motor diagnostics for predictive maintenance. Use our isolation devices with increased lifetime and isolation ratings to help you meet IEC 61800-5-1 isolation requirements.
Using isolated comparators for fault detection in electric motor drives
Selecting amplifiers for shunt-based current sensing in 3-phase motor drives
IGBT & SiC Gate Driver Fundamentals
Featured products for sensing and power conversion
Meet IEC 61800-5-1 isolation requirements and enable more reliable motor drives with a long lifespan
- Improve system performance and robustness: Our high-voltage certified isolated products offer low latency, excellent common-mode transient immunity and robust performance.
- Lower system cost: Our isolation technologies reduce bill of materials, lowering system cost and enabling significant solution size improvements.
- Scalability: Our packaging innovations and globally-owned manufacturing footprint help bring functional, basic, and reinforced isolation capabilities to more analog IC functions.
Addressing high-voltage design challenges with reliable and affordable isolation (Rev. A)
Enabling high voltage quality and reliability
How high-voltage isolation technology works – capacitive structure
Featured products for isolation
Wired real-time communication and interfaces
Most modern systems now come with communication interfaces which can create new challenges. We support a wide range of industrial communication standards – from EtherCAT and EtherNet/IP to Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN), PROFINET and more – enabling connectivity and scalability to help meet the needs of current industry trends.
Supporting products include:
- Integrated real-time Ethernet and absolute encoder protocols.
- Integrated TSN functions.
- Integrated functional safety capabilities to support functional safety over industrial Ethernet, including encoders (FSoE, PROFIsafe, HDSL safety), and programmable logic to support custom interfaces and communication protocols.
Industrial Communication Protocols Supported on Sitara™ Processors (Rev. D)
Low latency vs. low, deterministic latency Ethernet in real-time communications
Utilizing Sitara™ processors and microcontrollers for Industry 4.0 servo drives
Featured products for industrial communication
Meet the rigorous requirements of functional safety standards IEC 61800-5-2 and ISO 13849
Our Functional Safety-Compliant products leverage our TÜV SÜD-certified functional safety hardware and software development processes that helps you achieve the highest Safety Integrity Level and Performance Level your motor drive design requires to create safer and efficient environments.
Our integrated products and TÜV-assessed designs help you design smaller, smarter and more reliable safety functions such as Safe Torque Off (STO).