The Texas Instruments DS90UH928QEVM evaluation module (EVM) helps system designers evaluate the operation and performance of the DS90UH928Q 5MHz-85MHz FPD-Link III Deserializer (DES). The device translates a high-speed serialized FPD-Link III interface transported over a single shielded twisted pair (STP) into four FPD-Link compatible LVDS data output pairs and one LVDS clock.
The DS90UH928QEVM board features a 20-position IDC connector for connecting to the FPD-Link outputs, and a HSD Automotive Connector for connecting an automotive-grade STP cable to the FPD-Link III input. The included SMA connectors may also be configured as the FPD-Link III data input, enabling evaluation of other connectors and cable configurations.
The EVM contains one deserializer device.
The DS90UH928Q HDCP deserializer supports rich audiovisual applications in automotive navigation and rear seat entertainment systems. It receives video data, I2S audio, GPIO, and I2C control over a single shielded twisted pair cable. The evaluation board and included software enables easy evaluation of the deserializer features, including:
- Support of 720p video applications with a pixel clock frequency up to 85MHz
- Surround sound I2S Digital Audio Applications with up to 4 I2S data outputs
- Low EMI FPD-Link video output interface
- HDCP cipher engine with on-chip key storage for content protection
- Bidirectional control channel including GPIO (with 2 dedicated pins), interrupt, and I2C interface
- Up to 10 configurable I2C addresses
- Flexible 3.3V or 1.8V LVCMOS I/O interface
- Adaptive cable equalization
- @SPEED Link BIST Mode and LOCK status indicator LED
- Image Enhancement (White Balancing & Hi-FRC Dithering)
- Backwards compatibility mode allowing pairing with DS90UR905Q and DS90UR907Q serializers
- Internal Pattern Generation
- Loop-through monitor outputs for observing link integrity