For additional terms or required resources, click any title below to view the detail page where available.
The SmartRF Transceiver Evaluation Board (TrxEB) is intended to be used together with Texas Instruments’ low-power RF transceivers for evaluation, performance testing and software development.
The following transceiver evaluation modules are supported:
- MSP430F5438A microcontroller
- 64x128 pixels serial LCD
- 4 general purpose LEDs
- 5 push-buttons
- 256 kB serial flash
- Three-axis digital accelerometer
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Jumpers for current measurements
- Break-out pins
- Full-speed USB 2.0 interface
- SmartRF Studio Support
The CC1175 Evaluation Module Kit for 868-915 MHz can be used in conjunction with the CC1120 Development Kit to evaluate the operation of the CC1175 at these particular frequency bands. The CC1120DK is required for operation and needs to be ordered separately.
- 1 x CC1175 Evaluation Module for 868-915 MHz
- Whip antenna
Complete RF reference designs for the evaluation modules are available online.
The CC1120 development kit provides a complete hardware performance testing and software development platform for TI's Sub-1 GHz Performance Line devices. The development kit comes with a pre-programmed packet error rate test. RF range and robustness can be tested with different RF settings, and (...)
- 2 x SmartRF Transceiver EB (TrxEB)
- 2 x CC1120EM 868/915 MHz
- 2 x Pulse Antennas
- 1 x MSP430 Debug Probe (FET)
- 2 x Micro USB Cables
- 1 x Standard USB Cable
- 1 x 14-pin Flat Cable
- 4 x 1.5 Volt AA Batteries
CODE EXAMPLES & DEMOS
SWRC253E.ZIP (561 KB)
SWRC219C.ZIP (571 KB)
Design tools & simulation
TI 15.4 Stack Power Calculator
— This tool is used to allow SimpleLink TI 15.4 Stack Software users to analyze system power profile for a sleepy network device. This calculator enables the user to assess the potential system battery life and determine how to optimize battery life through configuring system settings, stack (...)
- Power calculator for TI devices using the SimpleLink 15.4 stack
— SmartRF™ Studio is a Windows application that can be used to evaluate and configure Low Power RF devices from Texas Instruments. The application helps designers of RF systems to easily evaluate the radio at an early stage in the design process. It is especially useful for generation of (...)
- Link tests. Send and Receive packets between nodes.
- Antenna and radiation tests. Set the radio in continuous wave TX and RX states.
- A set of recommended/typical register settings for all devices.
- Read and write individual RF registers.
- Execute individual commands to control the radio.
- Detailed (...)
Hardware design reviews for SimpleLink™ CC1xxx devices
— To get started with the SimpleLink™ Sub-1GHz hardware design review process:
- Step 1: Before requesting a review, it is important that to review the technical documentation and design & development resources available on the corresponding product page (see CC1xxx product page links below).
- Step 2: Fill (...)