LMX2594EVM 15-GHz wideband RF synthesizer with phase synchronization & JESD204B evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LMX2594 EVM Instructions – 15-GHz Wideband Low Noise PLL With Integrated VCO (Rev. A)
(PDF 1580 KB)
02 Mar 2020
The LMX2594EVM evaluation module is for the LMX2594 device. The LMX2594 device is the first PLL with an integrated voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) in the industry to get fundamental VCO output up to 15 GHz. The industry leading PLL figure of merit (FOM) is –236 dBc/Hz with 1/f of –129 dBc/Hz. This device supports JESD204B standard (it can generate or repeat the SYSREF signal) which makes it ideal to clock high-speed data converters. The integrated jitter from the EVM measurements is less than 50 fs at a 9-GHz carrier frequency. By providing a SYNC signal, the user can synchronize the output phase across multiple LMX2594 devices. The LMX2594 device can also generate a frequency ramp that can be demonstrated in this evaluation module. With an onboard oscillator, the setup process only requires a 3.3-V power supply and the included Reference Pro module (for the SPI programming interface). The software is simple with an intuitive and user-friendly GUI.
- 10-MHz to 15-GHz output frequency
- –110-dBc/Hz phase noise at 100-kHz offset with 15-GHz carrier
- 45-fs rms jitter at 7.5 GHz (100 Hz to 100 MHz)
- Two differential outputs with programmable output power up to 7 dBm at 15 GHz
- A complete circuit for the synthesizer that is optimized and tested for performance and includes a USB programming module