To get started with this evaluation module:
Step 1: Buy the EVM
Step 2: Setup the default jumpers as shown in the user's guide
Step 3: Download TICS Pro and follow the EVM quick start instructions
This is an evaluation module (EVM) for the LMK05318B network synchronizer clock device.
The EVM can be used as a flexible, synchronous clock source for rapid evaluation, compliance testing, and system prototyping. SMA ports provide access to the LMK05318B clock inputs and outputs for interfacing to 50-Ω test equipment. Onboard XO options are included but can be reworked using the various XO/TCXO/OCXO footprint options or else bypassed to use the external SMA input. The EVM provides a USB-based interface to access the I2C/SPI bus and control pins of the LMK05318B. The TICS PRO software GUI can be used to program the LMK05318B's registers and EEPROM to store custom start-up clock settings.
- One Digital PLL (DPLL) with programmable bandwidths and two fractional analog PLLs (APLLs) for flexible clock generation
- Two reference inputs to the DPLL supporting hitless switching & holdover
- Eight output clocks with 50-fs RMS phase jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
- On-chip EEPROM for custom start-up clock configurations
- Flexible oscillator sources: onboard XOs or external SMA input options