LMK05028 Network Clock Generator and Synchronizer Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LMK05028EVM User's Guide
(PDF 4982 KB)
19 Jan 2018
The LMK05028EVM is an evaluation module for the LMK05028 Network Clock Generator and Synchronizer. The EVM can be used for device evaluation, compliance testing, and system prototyping.
The LMK05028 integrates two Digital PLLs (DPLLs) with programmable bandwidth for input wander and jitter attenuation. The EVM includes SMA connectors for clock inputs, oscillator inputs, and clock outputs to interface the device with 50-Ω test equipment. The onboard XO and TCXO options allow the LMK05028 to be evaluated in free-running, locked, or holdover mode of operation. The EVM can be configured through the onboard USB microcontroller (MCU) interface using a PC with TI's TICS Pro software graphical user interface (GUI). TICS Pro can be used to program the LMK05028 registers and store the settings in the on-chip EEPROM, enabling custom clock configuration upon power up.
- Dual DPLLs with programmable bandwidths and Analog PLLs for frequency translation
- 4 clock inputs supporting hitless switching and holdover
- 8 differential or 16 LVCMOS output clocks or combination of both
- On-chip EEPROM for custom start-up clock clocks
- Flexible oscillator options: onboard XOs, TCXO, or external SMA input
- USB MCU interface for I2C/SPI and GPIO pin control using TICS Pro GUI