The LMX1204 evaluation module (EVM) is designed to evaluate the performance of the LMX1204, which is a four-output, ultra-low additive jitter radio-frequency (RF) buffer, divider and multiplier. This EVM can buffer RF clocking inputs up to 12.8 GHz, multiply x2, x3 or x4 in the output range of 3.2 GHz to 6.4 GHz, and divide inputs by up to eight.
A separate auxiliary clock divider is included for field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and logic clocking, and each output includes a system reference (SYSREF) complement with picosecond precision and delay tuning capability. Multiple devices can be synchronized for wide clock distribution trees.
- 12.8-GHz buffer, up to 6.4-GHz multiplier and divide by up to eight
- -160-dBc/Hz noise floor at 6 GHz
- Four RF output and SYSREF pairs
- SYSREF generator with per-output picosecond precision delay tuning capability
- Auxiliary divider for FPGA and logic with SYSREF
- Supports multiple-device synchronization