The LMK5B33414 evaluation module (EVM) is a platform for device evaluation, compliance testing, and system prototyping for the LMK5B33414 network clock generator and synchronizer.
LMK5B33414 integrates three analog phase-locked loops (APLLs) and three digital PLLs (DPLLs) with programmable-loop bandwidth. The EVM includes subminiature version A (SMA) connectors for clock inputs, oscillator inputs and clock outputs to interface the device with 50-Ω test equipment. The onboard temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) allows the LMK5B33414 to be evaluated in free-running, locked or holdover mode of operation.
LMK5B33414EVM can be configured through the onboard USB microcontroller (MCU) interface using a PC with TI clocks and synthesizers (TICS) pro software (TICSPRO-SW). TICSPRO-SW can be used to program the LMK5B33414 registers.
- Three DPLLs with programmable bandwidths and three fractional APLLs for flexible clock generation
- Four reference inputs to DPLL supporting hitless switching and holdover
- 14 output clocks - outputs driven by bulk acoustic wave (BAW) capable of sub-50-fs root mean square (RMS) phase jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
- Flexible oscillator sources - onboard TCXO, or one of several footprints for other crystal oscillator (XO), temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO), oven-controlled crystal oscillator (OCXO) or external SMA input options
- On-chip electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) for custom startup clock configurations