6.4-GHz Low Power Wideband RF Synthesizer with Phase Synchronization and JESD204B Support
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LMX2572EVM Evaluation Instructions (Rev. B)
(PDF 4598 KB)
19 Jul 2019
This Evaluation Module is for the LMX2572, which is a low-power high-performance wideband synthesizer that can generate any frequency from 13 MHz to 6.4 GHz without using an internal doubler. The PLL delivers excellent performance while consuming just 75 mA from a single 3.3-V supply. This device supports JESD204B standard (it can generate or repeat the SYSREF signal) which makes it ideal to clock high speed data converters. By providing a SYNC signal, the user can synchronize the output phase across multiple LMX2572 devices. LMX2572 can also generate a frequency ramp which can be demonstrated in this evaluation module. Furthermore, LMX2572 supports direct digital FSK modulation. The serial interface can be configured as a SPI or I2S interface for this purpose. The kitted Refernce Pro module is used to provide a clean reference clock as well as to program the LMX2572 evaluation module.
- 13-MHz to 6.4-GHz Output Frequency
- -106 dBc/Hz Phase Noise at 100 kHz Offset with 6.4 GHz Carrier
- 75 mA operation current with one direct VCO output
- Two differential outputs with programmable output power
- This EVM has the complete circuit for the synthesizer, optimized and tested for performance, and includes a USB programming module