The DesignDRIVE Development Kit (IDDK) hardware offers an integrated servo drive design with full power stage to drive a high voltage three-phase motor and eases the evaluation of a range of position feedback, current sensing and control topologies.
The sensing peripherals on the C2000™ MCU, including eight delta-sigma sinc filters, four 16 or 12-bit ADCs and windowed comparators, enable the DesignDRIVE Kit to support shunt, fluxgate / Hall, and delta-sigma current sensing simultaneously. For position feedback, the kit leverages Position Manager Solutions
integrated on the C2000 MCU supporting EnDat, BiSS, T-format, incremental encoders as well as SINCOS and resolver analog sensors. In addition, customers can also explore configuration options that allow the MCU to be placed on either side of the high-voltage isolation barrier. The IDDK is supplied by a single set of 110V/220V AC mains, delivers up to 8 Amps and is rated to drive motors up to one horsepower. DesignDRIVE software
is supported by the C2000Ware MotorControl SDK
and includes the fast current loop, examples for speed and position loops, drivers for Position Manager Solutions and many current sensors to help developers jumpstart their evaluation and development.
Please note that a high voltage permanent magnet synchronous motor is required to run DesignDRIVE projects.
- Supports the DesignDRIVE fast current loop
- Supports the DesignDRIVE position manager technology - EnDat22, BiSS-C, Tamagawa T-format, SIN/COS, resolver and incremental encoders
- EtherCAT™ slave stack solution with TMDSCNCD28388D or TMDSECATCNCD379D controlCARD upgrade as well as expansion support for multiple real time Ethernet protocols
- Supports reinforced, isolated delta sigma modulator ADCs, hall / fluxgate sensors and shunt resistor current sensing
- Integrates power module and DC link supply as well as DC bias supplies for control circuits - operates from a single AC main connection
- Allows digital control circuit (C2000 MCU) to be configured for either hot-side or cold-side power planes
- Hardware and software files are in C2000Ware MotorControl SDK
- Supports HSEC based controlCARDs from F2837x (included), F2838x, F28004x, and F28002x series