For additional terms or required resources, click any title below to view the detail page where available.
EVALUATION BOARDS Download $49.00
SUPPORT SOFTWARE Download
The TPS40170EVM-597 is a fully assembled and tested circuit for evaluating the TPS40170 synchronous step-down controller with two NexFET devices CSD18537NQ5A and CSD18563Q5A. The TPS40170EVM-597 operates from a 10V to 36V input (24V nominal) and provides a 5V output up to 10A.
- Designed with low gate charge (Qg) NexFET devices to minimize power losses
- Wide 4.5 V to 36 V input voltage range
- Integrated high-side and low-side N channel FET drivers
- Voltage mode control with voltage feed forward
- Low-side FET sensing Over-current Protection and high-side FET sensing Short-circuit (...)
SLPC019.ZIP (338 KB) SIMULATION MODELS Download
SLPM082A.ZIP (4 KB) - PSpice Model CALCULATION TOOLS Download
Buck Converter NexFET™ Selection Tool
FETPWRCALC — This tool is designed to assist engineers in the selection of Texas Instruments’ discrete power MOSFET and Power Block devices for their synchronous buck design. Users can input the conditions for their power supply and compare various discrete and power block solutions by power loss, relative (...)
CALCULATION TOOLS Download
- Vary power supply conditions and observe TI’s most efficient solutions for any set of input parameters
- Select from a pre-established list of TI controllers or enter your own custom IC
- Rank solutions by effective power loss and compare by relative 1k price, device package, and total PCB footprint
CALCULATION TOOLS Download
- Calculates power loss for TI MOSFETs
SLPC015.ZIP (66 KB) REFERENCE DESIGNS Download REFERENCE DESIGNS Download REFERENCE DESIGNS Download REFERENCE DESIGNS Download REFERENCE DESIGNS Download
Power Reduction Using Dynamic Switching Reference Design REFERENCE DESIGNS Download
TIDA-00675 — This design shows the power reduction benefits of dynamically switching a load on/off using a load switch. The design guide shows how frequency of switching, duty cycle, and the use of a discharge resistor can have an impact on power consumption.
38V@2A Synchronous Boost Reference Design REFERENCE DESIGNS Download
PMP10324 — The PMP10324 sync-boost reference design provides 38V @ 2A over a wide input range covering the 24V rail. It uses dual external FETs to achieve a full load efficiency of 97% at 24Vin. This design uses minimal footprint parts with all ceramic capacitors.
20W SEPIC Low-Cost Lead Acid Battery Charger Reference Design REFERENCE DESIGNS Download REFERENCE DESIGNS Download
PMP10081 — The PMP10081 reference design shows a simple and low-cost solution of a lead acid battery charger. The input voltage range is from 9V to 36V and the maximum output voltage is 13.8V, which is sufficient for a six-cell lead acid battery with a charge current up to 1.5A.