AFE5801EVM Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The AFE5801 includes an 8-channel Voltage-Controlled-Amplifier (VCA) with digital control and an 8-channel 65MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The 8 analog input signals will be processed by the analog front-end circuit of AFE5801; the outputs of the analog front-end will then be digitalized by the ADC within the device. In order to process the sample data the Texas Instruments' TSW1400EVM is recommended. The TSW1400EVM includes a High-Speed LVDS Deserializer, Demultiplexer, and Analysis System which provide a comprehensive set of hardware and user interface software to effectively evaluate the performance of AFE5801. The EVM kit includes the adapter card, User's Guide, software, and a USB cable. The TSW1400EVM evaluation board comes completely assembled.
- Characterizes the AFE5805
- Supports CW functionalities test
- Provides 8 channel low-voltage differential signal (LVDS) outputs from the ADC
- Compatible with the standard TI LVDS deserializer TSW1400EVM
- Communicates with a personal computer (PC) through a USB interface
- Configurable with RS-232 interface if users wish to control the AFE5805 with a microcontroller. MSP430 programming is required
- Provides multiple power supplies for the AFE5805 and other devices
- Onboard Vcntl generator R12 (0 V - 1.2 V)
- Adapter Card included with EVM