The CC3135MOD is an FCC, IC/ISED, ETSI/CE, MIC, and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ module that dramatically simplifies the implementation of Internet connectivity. This dual-band Wi-Fi network processor module can be added to any low-cost, low-power microcontroller unit (MCU); it integrates all protocols for Wi-Fi® and Internet, which greatly minimize host MCU software requirements.
This ROM-based subsystem includes an 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio, baseband, and MAC with powerful hardware cryptographic engine. With built-in security protocols, the CC3135MOD solution provides a robust and simple security experience. The CC3135MOD is available in an LGA package that is easy to lay out with all required components including serial Flash, RF filters, diplexer, crystal, and passive components that are fully integrated.
This generation introduces new capabilities that further simplify the connectivity of things to the Internet. The main new features of CC3135MOD include:
- 802.11 a/b/g/n: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz support
- 2.4 GHz Coexistence with Bluetooth low energy radio
- Antenna diversity
- Enhanced security with FIPS 140-2 level 1 validated IC inside: certification
- More concurrent secure sockets, up to 16
- Unique device identifier with ability to generate certificate signing request (CSR)
- Online certificate status protocol (OCSP)
- Wi-Fi Alliance certified for IoT low power capabilities
- Hostless mode for offloading template packet transmissions
- Improved fast scan
The CC3135MOD device is part of the SimpleLink™ MCU platform—a common, easy-to-use development environment based on a single-core software development kit (SDK) with a rich tool set and reference designs. The E2E™ community supports Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth ® low energy, Sub-1 GHz, and host MCUs. For more information, visit www.ti.com/SimpleLink.