IWR6843 intelligent mmWave sensor antenna-on-package (AoP) evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- MMWAVEICBOOST and Antenna Module User's Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 33626 KB)
24 Jun 2019
The IWR6843 antenna-on-package (AoP) evaluation module (EVM) is an easy-to-use mmWave sensor EVM with integrated, short-range, wide field-of-view (FoV) AoP technology, which enables direct connectivity to the mmWave sensors carrier card platform (MMWAVEICBOOST) and allows for stand-alone use.
IWR6843AOPEVM enables access to point-cloud data through a USB interface and raw analog-to-digital converter (ADC) data through a 60-pin high-speed connector.
This kit is supported by standard mmWave tools and software, including mmWave studio (MMWAVE-STUDIO) and the mmWave software development kit (MMWAVE-SDK). IWR6843AOPEVM with MMWAVEICBOOST can interface with the TI MCU LaunchPad™ ecosystem.
A 5-V 2.5-A supply brick with a 2.1-mm barrel plug (center positive), which is required for operation with MMWAVEICBOOST, is not included. TI recommends purchasing an external power supply that complies with applicable regional safety standards. This is not required for stand-alone operation.
- 60-GHz to 64-GHz mmWave sensor
- Integrated on-package 4RX/3TX antenna with 130º azimuth FoV and 130º elevation FoV
- Supports 60-pin high-speed interface for host-controlling interface
- Stand-alone mode for form-factor deployment and testing
- Single USB cable for power and data
Additional features when paired with MMWAVEICBOOST (sold separately)
- BoosterPack™ plug-in module interface
- Debug and emulation through onboard XDS110
- Access to SPI, I2C via FTDI
- DCA1000EVM interface for raw ADC data capture
- Compatible with mmWave studio (MMWAVE-STUDIO) tools, including mmWave demo visualizer (MMWAVE-DEMO-VISUALIZER)
- CAN interface
- 14-pin JTAG interface
- Mounting stand
- Plain washers
- Pan-head screws
- USB type-A male to micro-B male cable (3 ft)
- Quick start guide
- Warranty card (disclaimer sheet)